Big Diamond Tidbits
- In the 358 modifieds Duane Howard won his 200th career feature race on Friday night. It was his first win ever in the Eastern Rigging #11 car.
- Craig Von Dohren held a big lead with four laps remaining but ran out of fuel off turn four.
- Defending champion Robbie Stillwaggon came from 14th to win the URC sprint car main event. He passed Bryn Gohn for second on lap 21 and took the lead from Davie Franek just one lap later.
- A strong field of 32 sprints filled the Big Diamond pit area. There were four red flags during the night, including two in the feature for hard crashes involving Tim Kelly and JJ Grasso.
- After winning a time-limited Roadrunner feature last time out, Marc Berzowski came from deep in the field to repeat in their 20 lap feature.
April 26, 2013 Video Highlights
Order the complete night of racing on DVD from the GSP Shop or get it at the track!
URC Sprint Car Feature Highlights
358 Modified Feature Highlights
Duane Howard Victory Lane Interview
Roadrunner Feature Highlights
DUANE HOWARDS WINS 200th CAREER FEATURE IN MODIFIEDS, STILLWAGON BESTS URC FIELD, BERZOWSKI REPEATS IN ROADRUNNERS
(Track Press Release) MINERSVILLE, PA – Duane Howard raced to his 200th career victory Friday night at Big Diamond Speedway in the 25 lap ZY Pyrotechnics 358 Modified feature. Howard inherited the lead after leader Craig Von Dohren slowed on the front stretch with just 4 laps remaining. He was followed across the finish line by Doug Manmiller, Jeff Strunk, Meme Desantis, and Dale Hartz.
Defending URC point champion Robbie Stillwagon took the lead from Dave Franek with less than five laps remaining to score the victory in the season opening 25 lap event for the URC Sprint Cars. Franek settled for second, followed by Bryn Gohn, Brian Carber, and Kevin Darling.
Marc Berzowski made it two in a row in the Savage 61 Roadrunner 20 lap feature. He was followed across the line by defending point champion Joey Brennan, Chris Holland, Jeremy Becker, and Jim Kost.
The entire evening was sponsored by Alpine Building Supply In Schuylkill Haven, PA
Racing returns to Big Diamond Speedway next Friday, May 3rd with a 30 lap event for the 358 Modifieds paying $3,000 to win and $300 to take the green. Also on the card will be the Sportsman and Roadrunners.
ZY Pyrotechnics 358 Modifieds (25 Laps)
1) Duane Howard 2) Doug Manmiller 3) Jeff Strunk 4) Meme Desantis 5) Dale Hartz 6) Ray Swinehart 7) Andy Burkhart 8) Kevin Albert Jr. 9) Nathan Klinger 10) Brad Arnold 11) Daryl Dissinger 12) Shawn Fitzpatrick 13) Robin Schultz 14) Donny Hartz 15) Craig Von Dohren 16) Joe Mooney 17) Ricky Yetter 18) Gary Wagner 19) Neil Huber 20) Jim Bobbitt Jr. 21) Kevin Smith 22) Ron Haring jr. 23) Craig Whitmoyer 24) Blaine Bracelin 25) Frank Cozze 26) Mike Mamanna
URC Sprint Cars (25 Laps)
1) Robbie Stillwagon 2) Dave Franek 3) Bryn Gohn 4) Brain Carber 5) Kevin Darling 6) Joey Biasi 7) Josh Weller 8) Billy Pauch Jr. 9) Kramer Williamson 10) Chad Trout 11) Randy West 12) Joe Zuczek 13) Troy Betts 14) Danny Mazy 15) Andy Best 16) Jimmy Stitzel 17) Dave Mausteller 18) Mark Bitner 19) Car #70 20) JJ Grasso 21) Jimmy Reppert 22) Johnathan Swanson 23) Tim Kelly 24) Dave Ely
Savage 61 Roadrunners (20 Laps)
1) Marc Berzowski 2) Joey Brennan 3) Chris Holland 4) Jeremy Becker 5) Jim Kost 6) Terry Kramer Jr. 7) Andrew Fayash III 8) Chuck Eckert 9) Devin Trexler 10) Kris Ney 11) Tim Spesak 12) TJ Fitzpatrick 13) Joe Kavanaugh 14) Charles Webber 15) Shon Elk 16) Glenn Rowan 17) Kyle Killian 18) Brian Buchinski 19) Alan Renninger 20) Tim Fitzpatrick Jr. 21) Jon Schlauch