New Egypt Tidbits
- JJ Grasso simply dominated Tuesday’s ‘Jersey Rush’ 410 sprint feature. Grasso started on the pole of the 30-lap feature and won by half a track over Fred Rahmer.
- Grasso is two for two in 410 races at New Egypt, having won the 2011 edition of the race and was rideless for the event last year. He also has six URC 360 sprint wins at the speedway.
- Billy Pauch survived an intense late race battle with Ryan Godown for the modified win. The race was open to both the New Egypt/PA-legal 358 and big block motors. Pauch and Godown both had big block power while third place finisher Sammy Piazza finished third in a small block.
- ‘Jersey Rush III’ was a co-promotion between Thunder on the Hill promoter Bob Miller and Area Auto Racing News publisher Len Sammons.
August 20, 2013 Video Highlights Read More →
Big Diamond Tidbits
- In the 358 modifieds Duane Howard won his 200th career feature race on Friday night. It was his first win ever in the Eastern Rigging #11 car.
- Craig Von Dohren held a big lead with four laps remaining but ran out of fuel off turn four.
- Defending champion Robbie Stillwaggon came from 14th to win the URC sprint car main event. He passed Bryn Gohn for second on lap 21 and took the lead from Davie Franek just one lap later.
- A strong field of 32 sprints filled the Big Diamond pit area. There were four red flags during the night, including two in the feature for hard crashes involving Tim Kelly and JJ Grasso.
- After winning a time-limited Roadrunner feature last time out, Marc Berzowski came from deep in the field to repeat in their 20 lap feature.
April 26, 2013 Video Highlights Read More →
DANNY JOHNSON TOPS PPB MODIFIED FEATURE POCKETS $5,000 AS DARYN PITTMAN TOPS MACH 1 SPRINT FEATURE FOR $2,500 ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT AT LINCOLN
(Event Press Release) With near perfect track conditions throughout the night, Rochester, NY modified star Danny Johnson dazzled the crowd with a late race pursuit and pass on Jimmy Phelps to win the 60 lap Pioneer Pole Buildings ROC Modified feature event Wednesday night at the Lincoln Speedway. Johnson took the lead from Phelps on lap forty-eight, then held off several late race challenges to take the victory worth $5,000. The MACH 1 Chassis 25 lap sprint feature saw Daryn Pittman lead wire-to-wire but had to hold off several challenges from runner-up Aaron Ott to collect the $2,500 payday.
June 20, 2012 Video Highlights Read More →
IRENE FAILS TO STOP THE JERSEY RUSH. . . . .
JJ GRASSO STORMS TO IMPRESSIVE $5,000 410 SPRINT VICTORY AS BILLY PAUCH TOPS THE MODIFIEDS IN THE “JERSEY RUSH” TUESDAY NIGHT AT NEW EGYPT SPEEDWAY
(Event Press Release) NEW EGYPT, NJ – Rain, hail, sleet and snow will not stop the mailman and Hurricane Irene was not about to stop the first presentation of the “JERSEY RUSH” Tuesday night at the New Egypt Speedway.
The event battled plenty of rain, damaging high winds and even a power outage at the track, but when it was all said and done, JJ Grasso of Pedricktown, NJ lived up to his “Jersey Jet” name to win the 30 lap, $5,000 to win JERSEY RUSH.
August 30, 2011 Video Highlights Read More →
VON DOHREN AGAIN IN VICTORY LANE AT GRANDVIEW WHILE GRASSO GETS FIRST URC SPRINT WIN OF THE SEASON
BECHTELSVILLE, PA – Add another feature win to the long list of victories, 74 career wins, for six time track champion Craig Von Dohren. The Boyertown racer wheeled the Felty Farms No. 1C to victory Saturday night in the 30-lap Banes Roofing NASCAR Whelen All American Series 358 Modified feature at Grandview Speedway giving him his fourth win of the season and second in as many weeks.
June 12, 2010 Video Highlights Read More →