- A strong crowd came out to see the URC sprint cars, NASCAR 358 modifieds and vintage cars in action on Saturday night. Both the sprints and modifieds delivered with exciting last lap battles to the finish.
- Defending series champion Robbie Stillwaggon passed Troy Betts in turn 1 on the final lap to pick up another win on the URC trail.
- A wild double flip in the third URC heat sent the top wing off Kevin Darling’s car high into into the air and landed in a tree outside turn 1.
- Meme DeSantis win in the 358 modified feature denied Craig Von Dohren his 300th career win and broke Duane Howard’s five race winning streak.
- Former Grandview Late Model champion Ronnie Peck dominated the vintage car feature from start to finish.
June 15, 2013 Video Highlights Read More →
Big Diamond Tidbits
- In the 358 modifieds Duane Howard won his 200th career feature race on Friday night. It was his first win ever in the Eastern Rigging #11 car.
- Craig Von Dohren held a big lead with four laps remaining but ran out of fuel off turn four.
- Defending champion Robbie Stillwaggon came from 14th to win the URC sprint car main event. He passed Bryn Gohn for second on lap 21 and took the lead from Davie Franek just one lap later.
- A strong field of 32 sprints filled the Big Diamond pit area. There were four red flags during the night, including two in the feature for hard crashes involving Tim Kelly and JJ Grasso.
- After winning a time-limited Roadrunner feature last time out, Marc Berzowski came from deep in the field to repeat in their 20 lap feature.
April 26, 2013 Video Highlights Read More →
JEFF STRUNK, ART LIEDL, STEVE BUCKWALTER, KENNY GILMORE & BOB STOUGH VICTORIOUS IN GRANDVIEW THUNDER 5-25’S
(Event Press Release) The House of Thunder Halloween Party and Grandview Thunder 5-25’s took place on a chilly night at The Grandview Speedway. Some one-hundred and fifty-five cars competed in the Saturday night event with victories going to Jeff Strunk in the 25 lap Modified feature as Art Liedl won the 25 lap PPB URC Sprint feature.
October 13, 2012 Video Highlights Read More →
WELLER, NORRIS AND VONDOHREN ARE WINNERS AT GRANDVIEW SPEEDWAY ON SATURDAY NIGHT
Bechtelsville, PA – Leading all the laps Josh Weller was able to drive his CnB Mushroom/Phillip’s Garage/Weller Ins. sponsored No.63 to victory in the 25-lap Rislone URC Sprint Series feature at Grandview Speedway on Saturday night. In the 30-lap NASCAR 358 Modified feature Don Norris Jr. put his family owned Limerick Diner sponsored No. 976 in victory lane for the first time this season using a “loaner motor” from engine builder Doug Meyers.
July 21, 2012 Video Highlights Read More →
DANNY JOHNSON TOPS PPB MODIFIED FEATURE POCKETS $5,000 AS DARYN PITTMAN TOPS MACH 1 SPRINT FEATURE FOR $2,500 ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT AT LINCOLN
(Event Press Release) With near perfect track conditions throughout the night, Rochester, NY modified star Danny Johnson dazzled the crowd with a late race pursuit and pass on Jimmy Phelps to win the 60 lap Pioneer Pole Buildings ROC Modified feature event Wednesday night at the Lincoln Speedway. Johnson took the lead from Phelps on lap forty-eight, then held off several late race challenges to take the victory worth $5,000. The MACH 1 Chassis 25 lap sprint feature saw Daryn Pittman lead wire-to-wire but had to hold off several challenges from runner-up Aaron Ott to collect the $2,500 payday.
June 20, 2012 Video Highlights Read More →
KEVIN DARLING SCORES CAREER FIRST RISLONE URC SPRINT SERIES FEATURE WIN FRIDAY NIGHT AT BIG DIAMOND SPEEDWAY
(URC Press Release) MINERSVILLE, PA – Kevin Darling of Wyoming, DE enjoyed a big night at the Big Diamond Speedway Friday night, winning the 25 lap Rislone URC Sprint Series feature, collecting $2,050 plus a drum of Viper Fuel. It was Darlings first career URC win and it didn’t come easy. Darling started on the pole, fell back to third then regained the lead on lap seven. Darling also survived a caution with just one lap to go as a determined Davie “No Panic” Franek made a strong bid for the win, but tonight, the victory was going to Darling.
May 25, 2012 Video Highlights Read More →